Simple MMI games proof of concept

I quickly hacked most of these together the other night in about an hour, so the bias amplification etc may not be implemented correctly (feel free to check my work) but they can serve as inspiration for some simple psi training games.

The guessing game is a simple number guessing game where you guess between 0 and 1

pulse.py allows you to attempt to influence the pulse of a wave

quantum color picker is a color guessing game

quantum dream predictor tasks you with setting an intention to dream about a certain location, and then attempts to predict the location you dreamt of

quantum emotion detector asks you to send an emotion as an intention, and then tries to predict the emotion

quantum hot and cold is sort of like minesweeper, you click cells and attempt to only click on “hot” cells, which are red. clicking on “cold” blue cells causes you to lose score.

salamander.py is a simple implementation of newton’s majority vote mmi algorithm

I tried to make the code as simple and readable as possible, with little to no dependencies for ease of distribution. They are open source and can be modified or distributed however you want.

I have found that a good way to get people interested in MMI is by gamifying the process. People are used to playing games and even use language like “hot” or “cold” which is basically the same language you will find when people are psi training. Perhaps we could look at other behaviors associated with games, perhaps rituals like blowing on dice or repeating a saying can help center you and focus your mind to influence randomness.

2 Likes

There is a need for games that allow users to learn to use and increase anomalous abilities.

The new, viral game Starfield has a “power” called precognition, which is the most popular choice by players. Some players have asked if the game can help them learn to use precognition, but the game’s developers – in their infinite knowledge of how the universe works – officially declared precognition doesn’t exist, so the game cannot help them learn that ability.

It seems we are culturally ready to start peaking behind the curtain to see what’s there, and Randonautica was a test run in that direction. Unfortunately, Randonautica was not really designed and set up for people to perform multiple trials with immediate feedback, which is one of the best ways for someone to actually learn and demonstrate mental abilities of this type.

All this suggests that a game format may be the most engaging and popular way to show that a player can indeed gain an advantage by mentally shifting the odds in their favor.

I agree that randonautica was a step in the right direction but I dont think we really expected or could see just how popular it would become, otherwise I would have done some things differently.

set up for people to perform multiple trials with immediate feedback

Do you have any ideas for some simple game mechanics that would be good to design a game around?

My next project is a bunch of MMI mini games and a scavenger hunt mechanic powered by a practical remote viewing application. I will be sure to email you for some advice once I have things fleshed out a bit more. I would love to make a platform where people can test their psi skills and join leaderboards etc for feedback and competition, so they could walk away with an enhanced appreciation for their minds and for the art and science of MMI.

One thing I am having difficulty with is how to frame it, I remember you posted the other day that if you could go back you would be very careful how you chose your words, I am going to be very careful and if at all possible not take any risks at pigeonholing myself into “psychic” research that has been spinning its wheels since the scientific method was invented.

“Psychic” terminology is the kiss of death in all scientific circles. I have been moving constantly away from words associated with psychic phenomena, ESP, etc. (see my Glossary of Terms). Instead I prefer ideas like mental effort, and from quantum mechanics; entanglement, superposition and non-local effects. Observation causes collapse of quantum wave function, etc.

Reframing MMI terminology and explanations is an ongoing effort, especially as the methods and results become more understood and reliably reproduced. That is, as it moves from the realm of ‘superstition’ into a science, in a similar way that early alchemy became present-day chemistry.

I implemented MeterFeeder in these games so I could use the MED on my Mac. Created a pull request if someone else wants to try it out.