Thoughts on psi-wheels?

Have you all heard of these? Psi-wheel on Wikipedia

There are quite a few videos on Youtube of people using them and showing them moving. The basic idea is to place a very light object, usually a folded piece of foil or paper, balanced on the head of a needle and try to make it move without physically interacting with it. Often times the psi-wheels are placed under glass covers over the psi-wheel in order to refute the common claim that movement is due to air currents.

I played with them a bit. I can get it to spin quickly by placing my hands near it and even get it to spin under glass. When I move my hands away it stops spinning/moving (or slows before eventually stopping). What I did not feel I had much success at was making it react in any way to my intent. I see others on Youtube apparently able to use intent in a more impactful way. I’ve read a couple books by Sean McNamara on the subject. In his classes and experiences people are getting movement even by standing far away or in other rooms.

I spent a little time trying see if there were any obvious causes of the movement. I checked for static electricity, air flow, temperature fluctuation, and any changes in the electromagnetic field. Here’s a short video showing movement beside an EMF and temperature gauge. Notice how as soon as I move my hand way the movement stops, the readings never change. However, in one of Sean McNamara’s books he mentions that he went to a lab and had high-precision tests done during his work with the psi-wheel and they found very minute fluctuations in temperate when he had his hands near. Probably my gauge is not sensitive enough to register these.

I am a believer that there is such a thing as chi, prana, whatever your preferred nomenclature may be - an energy that emanates from the body that we aren’t currently able to measure well since it doesn’t register on typical scientific instruments. Allegedly, that’s the force that’s moving the psi-wheel and it’s possible to regulate that energy with intent in order to have it cause physical impact on external objects. Though the term telekinesis is often used here, and if we assume that the above assertions regarding movement-mechanism are accurate, I think telekinesis is an imprecise and inaccurate label. Maybe it’s just semantics and perhaps it’s debatable, but to me the word telekinesis is a synonym for psychokinesis and evokes the ability to interact non-locally, whereas mentally regulating a force to have external impact is not non-local at all, and is seemingly a very different effect from, for example, being able to use intention to affect a random number generator in a distant location, perhaps even across time.

In any case, the experimentation that I have done here I do feel necessarily requires invocation of neither chi/prana nor telekinesis. Movement I’ve experienced potentially could be explained by very subtle heat fluctuations. Even when making the psi-wheel move under glass, which I also observe being able to do but with extended time, I think could be explained this way. I’m not saying with certainty that it’s just heat, but only that it might be. I have a tougher time explaining some of the videos of others as being strictly heat related. Some look to clearly be able to switch directions with intent and have impact at a distance well beyond range of sensing body-heat. For example, check out this guy.

Interested to hear any thoughts on this topic.

1 Like

Thanks for your detailed message. I hadn’t heard of them, but, as you suggest, the effect is not due to psychokinesis. Based on your description, the device is a crude form of a radiometer that moves in response to an asymmetric interaction with infrared emissions from hands or other sources, even room lighting or changes in the angle of sunlight entering windows. See here for a description: Radiometer - Wikipedia. Psychokinesis does exist, but the obvious explanations for certain observations must be eliminated first.

I’d heard of them and even tried making my own last year with garlic as the base for the tooth pick. I found out about the idea after seeing Sean in a documentary. I was, and still am, dubious as to the actual idea of intention being the driving “force”. Mine would randomly spin around sometimes but never when I tried various “experiments”.

It’s cool to see another one with whom to discuss Sean’s work. But I would say nah, you are just having a beginner’s hard time. As Sean explained in the book, there are some steps in development, with step 1 being doing it with your hands close. Do you mind if I ask how long have you been training?

It’s been a while, but I could do it with my hands apart, even far from the table, and later I could do it with the wheel under a jar of glass or a cup of plastic. I think I still have the videos, and I could post them, if you would like, as soon as I can get to post videos here. I could change the rotation as well.

The PSI wheel only real value lies in reducing the attrition to the point where even a very weak TK can move the object. It just a very light dumbbell. Scott mentioned that it is a Radiometer, I think it might be like one? But what is important is that it should enable the exercise

It’s difficult to design an experiment that is meant to measure a specific type of influence of mind, because many effects can be explained by a variety of types of mental effects that we have come up with. To look (or train) for moving physical objects with mental effort requires a method with two features: 1) the observed effect must be a change in motion of a physical object, and 2) the observation should be as sensitive as possible.

Most people only consider macroscopic PK, that is, moving something that can be seen to move, rather than the so-called micro-PK, where something on the atomic size seems to move or change state in response to mental effort. The latter measurement is easier to do, but it is indirect in the sense we don’t experience it in the usual way, through our unaided senses. Therefore, macro-PK is more dramatic and believable. To make the observation sensitive requires technology that amplifies or measures at an extremely small scale. A simple interferometer can measure movements as small as a wavelength of light or smaller with multiple reflections. Or, in a simpler construction, a laser pointer can be shone on a very light mirror object, such as a small piece of aluminum foil suspended on a thin thread. If the laser dot is observed on a wall far from the point of reflection, its movement will indicate a very small deflection of the mirror/Al foil. The mirror must be carefully shielded from the slightest puff of air or thermal effects with a good transparent enclosure, preferable with vacuum inside to prevent air turbulence. There are many possible designs, but I haven’t looked to see if any already exist. Usually, when I look for such a thing, I find it online.

1 Like